I love 100% fruit juice (which I assumed was a healthy option when compared to soda and sweet iced tea) and really have no taste for plain old water. The only time I would drink water was after I brushed my teeth for the night, or when I'd wake up in the middle of the night with stiffened tight calf muscles (After years of randomly dealing with this problem, I found that water helped relieve the pain immediately).
It wasn't until recently that I was made aware of the high caloric content of 100% fruit juice. This choice in beverage was adding hundreds of calories to my daily diet, and providing nearly no nutritional benefits. Yummy, but not good for you. Drink more water!
- The human body is made up of 57%-75% water
- The earth holds 326,000,000,000,000,000,000 gallons (i.e. 326 million trillion gallons) of all forms of water
- 70% of the earth is covered by salt water (that's 98% percent of ALL water on the planet!)
- 2% of the earth's water is fresh water
- Of that 2%, 1.6% of the fresh water is frozen in polar ice caps and glaciers
- 0.36% is hidden underground in aquifers and wells
- About 0.036% of earth's total water supply is found in lakes and rivers