Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Land(wo)man's Passion

Hi. My name is Corinne and I live and love to eat....

Actually I'm an Independent Petroleum Landman... but my love of food and drink, combined with my life on the road, is something I'm unwilling to let go. In April 2012, I weighed 125. Now, I'm up to 161 and I can't zip up my jeans! No good.

The Rub: 
  • I live in hotels. Most hotels don't have kitchens in their rooms, forcing you to eat out. Yes, you may occasionally get lucky and be stationed in a larger city with a Hilton Homewood (offering both an in-room kitchenette, and a full breakfast AND dinner, including wine and beer!), but most times, you're stuck in the backwoods. Eating out (fast food, chain restaurants, diners) 2-3 times a day has added many un-needed and un-healthy calories to my diet.
  • Yes, there's an exercise room in most hotels, but after a long day in the courthouse or meeting with landowners, and an evening spent compiling data and typing up reports, who has the time or energy left to work out?
  • What better way to wind down after a hard day's work than to pop open a bottle of Pinot Noir or Chimay Blue?
  • Vending machines and a free corporate guest "junk food room" add to my late-night munchie madness.
So to the point... I'm writing this blog for two reasons:
  • To motivate myself to eat better and exercise more. I NEED to lose these 36 pounds, and it's easier to keep to a routine when I lead by example.
  • To inspire some of you to follow my lead, whether living on the road or at home.
Throughout my blog, I'll throw in bits about what I do as a Landman, and I'll also "right" some of the negative myths you may have heard about Landmen. I'll also provide you with my own hotel-inspired recipes and workouts, and a list of readily-available equipment you'll need to complete both. I have an extreme love of wine, craft beer, and vodka, so I'll be including some tips and pairings for those as well.

I'm here to help you (and motivate myself) to lose the weight I've gained in this business, and to keep it off in a healthy yet enjoyable way, without giving up my favorite foods/drinks, all while living on the road. Tough job, but someone's gotta do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment